Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Summary Rows in a DataGrid: A Comparison of Techniques: ASP Alliance

Summary Rows in a DataGrid: A Comparison of Techniques: ASP Alliance: "Summary Rows in a DataGrid: A Comparison of Techniques page 1 of 1 Published: 20 Sep 2003 Abstract A summary row in a DataGrid is a row that has column totals, averages, or some other type of summary information. A summary row is indispensible for a DataGrid with many numbers. I have used three different summary row techniques with DataGrids and have found each technique has its advantages (and, of course, its disadvantages). In this article, I give examples of each of the techniques and discuss how one technique may be preferable to another in a given situation. In this article, I call these three techniques Rollup, DataTable Loop, and ItemDataBound. by Daniel Olson Feedback Average Rating: This article has not yet been rated. Views (Total / Last 10 Days): 17200/ 156 A summary row in a DataGrid is a row that has column totals, averages, or some other type of summary information. A summary row is indispensible for a DataGrid with many numbers. I have used three different summary row techniques with DataGrids and have found each technique has its advantages (and, of course, its disadvantages). In this article, I give examples of each of the techniques and discuss how one technique may be preferable to another in a given situation. In this article, I call these thr"

No comments: